My Rights to Access Services in English in Quebec

Leasing & Renting

A residential lease is a contractual agreement between a landlord and a tenant, where the landlord agrees to provide the tenant with a peaceful place to live in exchange for regular rental payments. When conflicts arise, either the tenant or landlord may file a formal complaint with the Administrative Housing Tribunal (TAL) to resolve their dispute. This section offers you detailed information on your English-language housing rights, as well as information on access to English-language services available at the TAL.

Housing Resources

This section offers you a detailed list of organizations that can help you, in English, with many of your more specific housing rights questions or issues.

The information published on this website is a simplified summary; it does not replace the official laws, regulations, or policies of Quebec and Canada. Furthermore, the information on this website does not, in any way, constitute legal advice. For assistance on any specific legal questions, please consult a lawyer. You can visit Access to Justice by Topic: Online Resources on our homepage for further information.